Quality Start Los Angeles (QSLA)
What is Quality Start Los Angeles (QSLA)?
QSLA is a quality rating and improvement system (QRIS) for early learning providers in Los Angeles County. QRIS is a national movement that promotes high-quality early learning for children and helps families find high-quality programs. Providers that participate in QSLA are committed to continually raising the quality of their care.
Providers that join QSLA will:
- Participate in assessments of their early learning environment and teacher-child interactions
- Receive one-on-one support from a highly trained program coach
- Gain unlimited access to cutting-edge professional development opportunities
- Receive assistance submitting teacher and director training, education, and credentials to the California Early Care and Education Workforce Registry
- Peer-to-peer learning opportunities
- Financial incentives based on grant funding availability and information about additional stipend opportunities
Criteria to Apply
Programs Eligible to be:
- Located in LA County
- Licensed child care programs serving children birth to 5 years old
- In good standing with Community Care Licensing for at least 6 months
If you are interested in being part of Quality Start Los Angeles, please visit