Our Referral Process
Our Referral Process is Simple
Our Referral Specialists are here to help you find child care programs and resources that meet your needs. Be sure to schedule uninterrupted time for a quality child care referral call. Our goal is to educate and assist you in navigating the child care system while providing you with the best care available that meets your child(ren) and family needs.
Need information on assistance for paying for child care? Our specialists can also refer you to our Child Care Subsidies Program, where our Enrollment Unit is waiting to assist you.
Before you call, consider your child care needs…
- Location – Near work, home or your child(ren)’s school?
- Days and Hours of Care – Do you need:
- Full or Part Time Care?
- Weekdays, Weekends, Holidays?
- Year round, Off-Track, Summer Only, 12-Month Care
- Drop-in, Evening or Overnight Care?
- Variable Schedules/Shifts?
- Does your child have any special needs?
- Community Care Licensing
- Community Care Licensing –Resources for Parents (ca.gov)
- Check a Provider’s History of Complaints or Violations: Facility Search
- MyChildCarePlan.org: mychildcareplan.org
Individuals have the right to receive a copy of any licensing report pertaining to facility visits or substantiated complaint investigations. In addition, you have the right to access any public information regarding licensed child care programs by contacting the Community Care Licensing Division Hotline at (844) 538-8766 or visit their website at www.cdss.ca.gov/inforesources/Child-Care-Licensing for additional information.